Tuesday, January 17, 2006

She said it was just a poodle, but I suspected more.

Man. The tour's over. about four days over. We broke pretty even, at least TPTSTW did. Actually we came out $2.90 ahead after all was said and done, and then that $2.90 was used at Taco Bueno, so we're broke again.
It was fun. I got to see a lot of Texas. There's still a lot of nothing/opportunity out there. Traveling around in a rock and roll show in this great state makes you really realize that this place is huge. I need to calculate how many hours we were actually on the road. Highlights of the Winter 2006 tour:
- Almost crashed the van between 87 and San Marcos. It was almost 1am and Jacob told me to take this windy steep mountain road. I had to hold the brights on the whole time. A deer ran out in front of me.
-Played at a Dance Hall. Victoria, Texas. Johnny Cash played there. Elvis played there. We played there. It was cold and windy, I wore a scarf. We played outside to 12 people.
-Played Hanks HS in El Paso. 300 kids, 20 bands. We were the third band, Cartright closed the entire thing. I signed so many autographs to HS kids. We sold a lot of merch. We're going to be in the Hanks HS yearbook.
-Threw up. I Threw up near a palm tree after eating a Chorizo and Egg burrito from Taco Polente. We were on the border near Matamoros. It was 3am. Wicky watched me, and then she threw up.
-Kicked out of Austin. We played at Flamingo Cantina in Austin. Someone threw up on the rooftop terrace. Someone threw a chair down the stairs. Micah started a fight with the bartender over his drinks. We almost didn't get paid.

We all hate one another and no one wants to see anyone. Give it a week and we'll all be together again.

School starts at 9am for me tomorrow. Starts with PolySci and then goes upward for the rest of the day. Literally. I go to Astronomy in the middle of the day. I should really do something this semester, becuase I'm almost finished and it'd be awesome to actually come out ahead.

I also want to read more Russian Lit and write a dance song.

No comments: