Monday, January 02, 2006

African push-up champion, and his struggle to overcome a debilitating cowlick.

Everyone seems to be posting/boasting the number of books they read for 2005. I don't really remember how many I've read. I read East of Eden though, despite it being broadcasted as "The Book That Brought Oprah's Book Club Back" it was really good. Steinbeck said that everything he had ever written until that point had been practice for it. It was really depressing, which is what I like about his work. His work is always very matter of fact and straightforward and always ending badly. What cheapens it is that I learned that Jimmy Fallon is to star as Cal in the re-remake of the movie this year. From James Dean to Jimmy Fallon.

I've talked to so many people today that always mentioned something about they did last year. Not like, "oh I went here" or "oh I saw this movie." More like " Hey, the last drink I had was last year!" and also "I haven't seen you since last year!" It really makes me sad that I'm not the only person that they are telling this to. Tina made it a point tonight: "They're going to go around and say that to everyone they see today." I'm just one in many.

No comments: