Friday, April 08, 2011

You might want to sing it note for note

Day 3- A song that makes you happy

So- here it is. And I can't same ashamed at all to have this song on my list. Sure, it's schlocky 80's fodder for the masses- but still, I get a kick out of it. It's on my itunes. It's on my Droid. I've even put it on a mix tape (or a few mixtapes).

When I was really young I saw this video- and didn't know much about anything at all- but I knew that "Wow, that apartment must be in New York City." This could've been my first foray into wanting to live in this city. Who know what ideas crawl into your child brain and burrow?

Fast forward to living in Denton, and I had my first debt collection call. I tried to pretend that I was in fact, not Dustin Wilson, but his brother. "But you guys sound the same..." the woman on the other end of the line complained.
"We're twins."

Needless to say she didn't buy it, and I had to listen to her list my sins of credit card debauchery from top to bottom. Well, this song came on, and I just felt 1,000 times better. And it still makes he happy. And I'm listening to it right now.


I hope you get this song stuck in your head. Forever and ever.

No comments: