Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 7- Songs that remind you of an event.

Every time I look at the photo on my parent's wall- It's a completely different me.

With no tattoos, and it looks soooooo weird.

We had rented a cabin for vacation and had driven all day from Big Spring through Lamesa, through Plains and into New Mexico. It was 1994.

As an avid X-FIles fan, I was enamored with Roswell. But my parents didn't stop. We were on a schedule, we had to check-in at the cabin, all those things that I now know were just parents being parents, and also adults- but then I just put on my threw up my hood on my hoodie, put my sunglasses on ( I think they were the round Lennon style, but tinted blue) and turned my Diskman all the way up:



And I listened to that song. On repeat for the entire ride to the cabin.

The only thing that that made me happy when we got there was that I got to buy X-men trading cards (All new ones, no repeats) and got to see a bear.

I still love this song, and it still reminds me of seeing a bear for the first time. And also not getting to stop at Roswell. Lots of events.

No comments: