Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I'm sure I'm far from the first person to think these thoughts, but it's not something that I've come across before.

Where mystery, the paranormal, drinking and boredom meet, there's almost no stone unturned at 2:30am. Although the wind was cold and the clouds were thich there was just enough moonlight to be able to see as we drove to Old Alton Bridge.

I've heard several different stories about Alton Bridge, the best so far being that a man was hanged there for killing his family some years ago, and they did it wrong. Apparently the 'wrong' produced the man's head to seperate from his body leaving what I would probably believe a bloody mess that no one would want to clean up. The man finds a goat's head (attached to a goat, we'll never know. Maybe they also hanged a goat the wrong way?) and puts it in the place of his missing one.

Well, this reversed Pan never showed his face, whether goat or man. Amy lent me a pretty strong penlight which I just shined in the trees and bushes along the shore of the river. There really is nothing out there. You also can't shoot fireworks.

Stuff like that has always interested me. My mom and Seth swear that the house we live in is haunted, it's been there 100+ years now, but I don't believe it. Who or what would want to hang around there? It's even boring for the living, and I'm sure the other worldly spirits have got a lot of better things to do. I know they supposedly don't get to choose where they are forced to spend eternity, but maybe they can put in for a transfer.

I'll be posting a couple of new stories in the other blog.

No comments: