Saturday, April 22, 2006

Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

I'm dealing with a constant since of wanderlust right now. I feel like getting out, getting up, going and going. I don't know why though. I want to drive, I want to see strange streetlights in strange cities. I want to drink coffee at 3am and wonder when I'll stop again. I want to watch sunrises and sunsets from the highway, eat bad diner food. I think there are too many highways maybe. Caught up in some solar wind storm.
I told Jane the other day I feel like my life is a Talking Heads song. It's bigger than life You know it's all me My face is a book But it's not what it seems. Some weird melancholy yet catchy life span. When people talk, "Hey, that's my/our song," or "This song is like, on the soundtrack to my life," I wonder if it'd be their hit single or buried in a mess of other songs. I wonder if their soundtrack would be on a Top Ten list somewhere or would it just be an obscure number of songs tucked somewhere in an audiophiles collection? I think everyone has outside points of reference in their lives, be it pop music or pop art, film noir, furbies. Something that acts as a building block. Forget atoms, forget blood and lungs and valves and muscles. Peoples bodies are more likely to be filled with snippets of songs on the radio,(How Bizarre, How Bizarre) bright colors, T.V. commercials. Cut someone open and out pours Oreck Vacuum ad placements (It's so light!) and coupons for teeth whitening products. I hope someday doctors will be baffled.
Rompiendo la monotonia del tiempo

No comments: