Tuesday, April 25, 2006

He says he found her passed out in the hallway of their apartment complex, a small pile of blood next to her.

I watched Silent Hill last night. I was once really afraid to play the game at night, alone. Scratch once. I still am afraid to play the game at night, alone. It's hard being afraid of something that's digital, a series of colors and codes and numbers. Something that you could easily solve by turning on a light or making a phone call. Whatever happend to when people were afraid of being eaten by a Lion or falling off of a bridge? It's somehow been replaced by technology, I hope I don't get a virus or I hope my Ipod still works tomorrow. Maybe we should just have more hungry lions milling about to really move people back to square one.

Anyway, Silent Hill was really bloody and loud. There was a lot of gratuitous violence and mayhem, coupled with cardboard dialogue. Many unfortunate circumstances.

No comments: