Thursday, April 27, 2006

Barry stands in the back garden, talking to feathers as they float to the ground.

I ended my myspace account this morning.

I just realized that I checked it over and over and over througout the day. I just lost interest in it. I value time, and I think that I could spend my time better reading or cleaning or writing rather than seeing how many friends everyone has and constantly reading surveys that I really don't care about.

I started reading The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, a persian book of quatrains about life. It's really good, I have to constantly re-read it to process what's going on. Omar Khayyam was an astronomer and a mathematician who later became a mystic and wrote over 1,000 poems.

Yesterday we went on a forest trek out behind Alton Bridge in Hickory Creek. To be lost in the woods is always something that gives me a shake, in a good way. I like being out there, get deeper and deeper and further away from everything. It's just nice and quiet, birds and trees and rocks and anthills. It was just nice to be out of town for a while and wandering around. Greg and I tried to follow a dry riverbed that had been previously used for some people who enjoyed Shiner and folding chairs. We walked as far as we could until it was just impossible, all the detritus and undergrowth made it hard to go any further. I should get out there and do this more often.

No comments: