Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Yes it's sad to say you will romanticize everything you've known before.

Tuesday.

I'd reviewed Cormac McCarthy's 2005 novel No Country For Old Men but failed to score an interview with McCarthy, getting only so far as to an associate of his publicist. He's only given two interviews in the past ten years, and sadly, The Big Spring Herald a name that appears on people's doorsteps daily.

I spent the weekend in the company of a six year old girl who thinks bulls are cute, people are strange all over and that dancing in the street is a crime. Somehow I became her charge and carted her all over the countryside trying to find exciting things to show a six year old that I take for granted. Highlights:
We went to the Rodeo.
We went on top of the mountain with a cheesy telescope to look at stars.
She bought a butterfly net at a gardening store.
We ate sloppy joes.

I think these are things that six year olds like to do, and apparently there were no complaints, only a thank you and being singled out as the favorite among my brothers.
Actually, it wasn't hard it all. You just have to keep in mind that their train of thought is in constant motion and that you have to learn to not think about anything but what's happening at the moment.

Other thing to note:
Myspace surveys. I fill them out due to complete boredom. Do people really care if I have a scar and can remember it or what my favorite fast food place is? No. I don't really think so. I don't think you can really know a person through their internet personas. I still think there are two different people at work there, one physical and one mental. I don't think meeting people you talk to online is the same as meeting someone face to face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you took a six year old on the awesomest dat ever.

Anonymous said...

date