Friday, June 22, 2007

Just keep saying to yourself "I'm adequate."

Working in the newspaper is getting me 60 hour weeks and damn Dirty Laundry (Don Henley) all stuck up in my brain matter.
I need to get up to Denton at least on the 30th to see Last of The Interceptors along with The Riverboat Gamblers and The Arrival. I can't find the flyer so I can't post it right now.

Whatever happened to the kinds of bands that drank too much and were open about their drug abuse? The kind of guys that you were like, "Man, if this guy wasn't in a video or on stage every night, he'd be dead."
A major part of me still wants to see Slash standing on a curvy road, mountainside, watching the car as it crashes below.
I want to see Robbin Crosby of Ratt still burping Vodka bubbles and telling everyone "It's not really a problem, because this can happen"- breaks into a blistering solo and still continues to drink, no hands, bottle tilted above his head.
I still want every night that I was in a band to be like Motley Crue's video for "Girls Girls Girls."

When I was young, I thought that was what it was all about. Not having to apology for the way you felt, and you did whatever you wanted to do on a daily basis. No matter how crass, no matter how wrong, you were a musician and things happened like that.

Plus the whole Patton Oswalt dirge on actually changing the physical property of an object just with your music. That's something else that I want.

I say all this as I listen to Bloc Party, mind you.

No comments: