Monday, July 04, 2011

Hey babe, it's the 4th of July



Happy Fourth of July.
$486,026- Dollar value of exports of U.S. flags in 2010. Mexico was the leading customer, purchasing $256,407 worth.


Thought that was an interesting fact.

I'm re-reading some Douglas Coupland. I read Microserfs every year, sort of a ritual now. I've been doing it for six years now, and my torn and tattered paperback has multiple bookmarks, spine is a little bent from photo-copying passages and sending them. It's like, a very war-torn book. I'm re-reading Shampoo Planet right now, which is probably the second best out of his work. I put Girlfriend in A Coma at 3rd best, but you know people loooove that book.

Fourth of July- and I plan on drinking coffee and staying in to work on some of my short stories. It's been a solid year since I've had something published ( http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/we-live-for-blood-and-glory/12089946 ) so I should get cracking.



No comments: