Friday, July 29, 2011

I met a new friend, underneath my pillow

Eugene Mirman.
Todd Barry.
Jim Gaffigan.
Kristen Schaal.
Patton Oswalt.
Jonathon Coulton.
TMBG.

FTW.

So many beards. So much plaid. So many un-ironic pairs of glasses. So many Portal t-shirts, a giant foam sword (?) and a lot of the Brooklyn Nerd Elite standing around the Williamsburg Waterfront.

+'s
- Eugene Mirman/Kristen Schaal's Flashdance routine
- Jim Gaffigan telling jokes AS Ray Romano (because since he's had a fourth child (I've seen Jim Gaffigan 2-4 children) and can't tell any other kind of joke.
- Eugene Mirman and Dr. Neil Degrasse Tyson took questions from the audience, science type questions, and answered. They have a podcast: http://startalkradio.net/. Check it out
- Patton Oswalt talking about how much he hates NYC and the silence that ensued, but then people cheered anyway at all his other jokes (because he's Patton Oswalt)
- As Jonathan Coulton played, both Zack Galifianakis and Jon Benjamin taking photos behind him.
- TMBG, just being TMBG


-'s
- Torrential rains for most of the show. I got home and I was soaked. But it was worth it.


All in all a great show.

1 comment:

Whereismyrobot said...

I am so very jealous. This is like the embodiment of when you see those ads for music compilations and someone screams "All my favorites are here!"