Sunday, June 19, 2011

Molly Hatchet and my Dad


In my Father's Day post the other day (I didn't think I'd get to post today- Punk Island ended relatively early- thx punx) I thought of a funny story on the way home.

When I was in 3rd Grade I wore this t-shirt to school with this album cover above on it. My 3rd Grade teacher thought it was inappropriate and didn't send me home immediately, but made me promise to give my parents a note when I got home.

I gave the note to my Mom when I she picked me up and she shook her head and agreed the shirt was awful. When we got home I showed my Dad the note (they both had to sign it).

All I remember was that my Dad said that Molly Hatchet was his favorite band in the 70's and he loved that shirt. And I still love this shirt too.





Happy Father's Day. Again.

No comments: