Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 23 – a song that you want to play at your wedding

Ha! This was probably the most difficult. Unlike most young boys or girls, I didn't grow up thinking of marriage, or being married, or recognized what it all meant. My parents marriage (31 years strong!) is more like this uneasy alliance, sorta like when Venom has to team-up with Spider-Man to defeat Carnage (Amazing Spider-Man #361-363). They just sort of... existed in the same area. They applied that to child rearing as well I suppose, we all sort of just existed and someone said "hey you guys are all related, you have to stay in the same house" so that's pretty much how I saw things. So nevertheless, marraige was just this thing that people did, or didn't do, it didn't matter as long as you love that person.

So this song I grew up with, and I always thought it meant a lot, and being married means a lot to those people who do get married, so here goes:

No comments: