Sunday, August 12, 2007

I need directions to the hospital.

Denton, you made me remember that I have a drinking problem. Not so much as a problem, but one of those everything-happens-at-once-and-it's-almost-too-much-to handle problems.

I've been in Denton since Thursday afternoon, and it's a bit like that scene in What Dreams May Come when Robin William's realizes everything that surrounds him right then are memories and things from his past life. It's a homecoming. I feel great about little d in ways I still can't feel about where I grew up. Someone once told me that they couldn't see me living anywhere else but Denton, and sometimes I wonder how much truth is in that.
I miss a lot about being here, but at the same time, I'm moving to NYC tomorrow morning.

After graduation and having to take 1,000,000 photos with professors ( both Armintor, Cheliah, Simpkins, Baird) and getting my letters of recommendation from them I realized that out of the entire College of Arts- English graduating class, Christian and I were the only two Creative Writing majors. That seemed strange to me.

I don't feel like I've made a lot of bad decisions in my life. I was telling Brian at Lou's when I started playing music it was because of Motley' Crue's Girls, Girls, Girls video, and we seriously had to laugh, and then cry, and then drink.
I know that the heaviest things are happening right now though. It's been a summer that has really defined things to come. I try not to think about how people move to escape things. I only think about moving forward, not backward. I'm not escaping to NYC, I think I'm trying to break back into a life that I once lived, but try to do it better this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you need directions to the gynocologist.