Thursday, June 08, 2006

XBI UVZ IHM VZUWCKF RBCO RCRAZ DHQ?

I"m sitting in the industrious bustling heart and soul of Irving right now, right off of McArthur Blvd. By "industrious" and "bustling" of course I mean drive thrus by the mile and enough brown zarfs to house all the homeless in Downtown Dallas. I started the day with my parents at Baylor Medical so my Dad can go through yet another harrowing back surgery. It's his sixth in three years. Two a year so far. Next time my Mom's not even coming, she's going to put him on a plane and send him my way. Work was a bunch of "first you box it, then you ship it, smartass" with a few perks in the day. We all played a game where when the customer would buy a book we'd recommend something completely unrelated to see if they would buy it just going on our word. I'd say at least 40% of the time it worked. I suggested David Sedaris as summer reading for at least two young girls, and helped a rather obese man wearing a ballcap that said, "You Want It, You Got It!" with an armload of self motivation books. I guess you can jumpstart your life at any time, and ballcap picked today. He left the store with the armload plus a Feng Shui for Dummies that Holly suggested (In order for him to get fenf shui-d).
Other than that there's not too much going on. Everyone is gearing up for the Mav's game tonight, but I'm just going to forget about it. I have Mav fever but only a mild case.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

liar.. you know you loved every minute that you watched!

GOMAVS