Wednesday, June 14, 2006

It’s a choice between sleep and breakfast, and I go with sleep.

A very sinister day. All day I've had those dark rain clouds that you see in cartoons following me around.
"You sound like Eyeore today."- Chrissy (as told through a mouthful of bagel.)

I got a message from my parents asking me when I'm going to get my life together, just a random call that leads me to doom. I guess my life isn't together for them enough. All day I'm walking around until lunch hits, and as I sit in the breakroom eating my daily sandwich (from home) David Byrne a la The Talking Heads comes over the radio- I guess it's healthy, I guess the air is clean./I guess those people have fun with their neighbors and friends/Look at that kitchen and all of that food/Look at them eat it' guess it tastes real good.
I never have ever wanted to buy tiles for a kitchen. I've never wondered if I should buy a brass knocker or a silver one for my front door. I've never thought about actually owning and maintaing a working lawn mower. These things that my dad, my brothers, my mother, everyone I ever grew up with worry about on a daily basis, and I can't connect to any of it. I don't think I'm totally cut out to be that type of person, someone that has a mortgage. My brother wants to have children. He sent me an e-mail last week asking about parenting books at Borders for his lady fair (I actually have forgotten her name.....). I just think in my mind that I'll carry them to the register and buy them and get suspicious glances from people wondering what kind of father I would be. I don't want to deal with that.

In lighter news.....The Pebble That Saved The World/ The Tah-Dah's show is coming up this Saturday at SHQ in Denton TX. We're playing with a full band now, I hope it sounds well. Well enough so I can quit my dayjob and live on the coast and try pilates and Scientology, and yell at PA's about my panini not being grilled enough.

No comments: