Monday, June 19, 2006

They took my mother’s stomach out about six months ago.

I just got back from Bowie. Don't bother looking it up, it's a horrible little place full of potholes and burned out houses. I imagine that's what people who reside in other states think of when they think of Texas. Just a bunch of meth labs and horses.

My mom called me today and informed me that one of my friends had drowned in the resevoir back home this morning. Seth's Company was called out with a team of divers to look for the body. I don't know when the funeral services are going to be. Seth has stayed home the rest of the day and isn't taking any phone calls. Not even mine. Dereck called me not too long after I hung up with my mom. He was pretty upset as well. He was worried about Seth (which is very odd) and plans on driving up there tonight. I wish I could do the same. Seth is young, too young to really be seeing stuff like that.
But then I think.
I was just a little bit older whenever I had to face something like that. They can give you all the leave they have available, try to sign you up with counselors and preachers and other people but it doesn't make any sense. They weren't there. I think it's best to let Seth just work it out and figure things out on his own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»