Friday, May 05, 2006

One evening after dark a young man prowled among these crumbling red mansions, ringing their bells.

He tried walking ahead, through the trees, the shrubs, trying to stay just around the bend so he could hear them but not see them. The road was close, too close, he could hear snippets of radio as it faded out underneath the hum of rubber and gravel. He felt he could never really be alone anymore, even there with the cicadas, lizards, the deep blue shadows and hollows. He was just going to be trapped there, between the road and the trees, never really living but able to see the slow decline of both.

I've been watching a lot of Northern Exposure lately (thanks Amy). I've been in this mindset of 'disconnecting' myself from all the things that have pervaded my life, mainly, technology. The threat of technology on my existence. I quit Myspace, yeah, a small feat, a ripple in the water. Nothing big. I never post on LJ, I don't have a facebook and Friendster is absolutely gone. I have my e-mail accounts and of course, this blog. I still run the band myspace so I technically still exist in that electronic spiderweb of comments and online stalking. I need to turn it over to Camella or Jacob, but the only other person I trust with it is Jane (and also the most computer savvy out of everyone). Maybe someday I'll be able to find a balance between this place and my real life. Jane says I'd just be giving up one vice for another.

New guitarist update: Bryan Harvey from Last Of The Interceptors has become our new guitarist. He also recorded our very first EP a year ago in his studio, and now he's an official member.

No comments: