Tuesday, May 30, 2006

In the aftermath of this debacle, though I kept it to myself, I felt bewildered, depressed, and, to be honest, terrified.

I sat down with Malcolm Gladwell's latest, The Tipping Point. I've been wanting to read it since the hype created around it (The Roots' last album, M. Chabon's reference to it, et al). It covers why life is an epidemic, the Tipping Point is life at a critical mass. Too much life. It's weird to think there can be too much life. Life is infectious, but not in the negative way people look at that word. They see infect and it's already, OMG. No, infectious in a way that life is just speeding up, like looking at a line graph and watching the life of the world (considering humans) travel along a solid line and then suddenly shoot upward. epidemiologists coined the word and now every business uses the term Tipping Point in everyday life.

Listening to the new Tunng album, This Is...Tunng: Mother's Daughter and Other Songs it's really good if you like electronic folk (?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so are you too cool for myspace or just too cool for me?