Friday, May 12, 2006

A day wasted on others is not wasted on one's self.

Sometimes life feels like a house of cards, made with those really cheap flimsy cards that tend to crease and bend at the slightest whim.

Tonight was a meeting of the Denton Dickens Fellowship where the Dickensians of Denton came to hobnob with one another upon all things Charles Dickens. Jane had placed in the essay competition and presented it in her venerable fashion that she so commands. It was good, Dr. Vann had not aged exceedingly and they had cookies.

Last final tomorrow, Government, and I can honestly say I'm finished with the semester. I don't want to think about it, hear about it, read about it. The grades will come in and they will go right back out. I'm in no mood or have the headspace to think about school right now. All I can think about is the duality of life, my life, and how I'm not sure which side best suits me. Either way I know that I'm going to long for the other. Oh treacherous life. Honestly, I think I listen to too much Springsteen. The Boss has filled my head with ideas of independence and bravery that I just can't seem to shake.

No comments: