Sunday, January 04, 2009

I used to think that the years would go by in order, that you get older one year at a time ... But it's not like that. It happens overnight.

There was once a time that I didn't have have to choose between listening to Sigur Ros or drinking Nyquil to go to sleep.

Gah! New Years Eve left me with an aching head and a sleepy heart. I don't think my body is accustomed to fancy dresses, ritzy salmon hour d' ourves and copious amonunts of Champagne. Not anymore. This is not the 2000's I know and love.

I've decided to go ahead and start looking at MFA programs again. So far this morning it's been Hunter College, University of Texas and the MA Program at University of North Texas. The last two would be a welcome homecoming, since I've already been in talks with a friend who doubles as a Professor at UNT. I could just slip back into academic life there... but then I'd have to leave NYC.


Downtown Owl, anyone?

No comments: