Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I'll be your lucky star at the Cafe Wah

One of my favorite novelists, Danica Novgorodoff has a new book coming out,Slow Storm. Right on.

Right now I'm sitting on the floor in my living room watching the sky get darker. I always like fall- the oncoming weather makes me feel more productive. Something Pavlovian? Not sure.

Last night I went to Lobo for $3 crispy iced out Stellas and to watch a couple of guys jab at each other politically. John McCain and Barack Obama. I don't really rely on politics for anything, to me it's like gravity. It's there, I know it's there, I don't really worry about it. I grew up with a photo of Ronald Reagan hanging in the hallway. So, I gave it a shot.
...for about ten minutes. There was an older woman at the bar who ruined the whole thing. Scratch that. Ruined the whole thing for everyone.
Yes, okay, I get it. No one likes McCain or Palin. Good. Great. She's creepy and he's creepy and that baby Trigger is creepy. McCain is like your slow uncle with that far off gaze like he's in the parking lot of Wal-Mart and can't remember where he parked his car. But old lady at the bar, let me hear what he fucking has to say.
Every time he started to speak she would yell "Yeah Right!" and "You're a liar!" and if she had nothing intelligent such as those quips she would just exclaim "ha!" real loud. She would shush everyone while Obama was speaking. I'm sorry. I just can't take ignorance to the opposition. Just let us hear what he has to say. I don't care if you agree or not.

Anyway, Top Blog Secret: I didn't vote in the last election. I admit it. I also admit I get uncomfortable when people turn to me and want me to agree to criticize President Bush with them. I didn't vote, so I don't feel that camaraderie that a lot of people feel.
1: Hey, Bush is doing a bad job! He's a moron!
2: I didn't vote for him!
1: Me neither!
2: Awesome. Let's celeberate!
(high five or reassuring chuckle coupled with head nod)

With all of this I do throw my lot in with Obama. He makes sense.

No comments: