Thursday, October 02, 2008

Choke on this you dance-a-teria types!


Oh. Yeah. This is a thing. Please make it a thing in your life.

Last night Cindy and I caught A Man for All Seasons at American Airlines Theatre. First off, George Morfogen who played Bob Rebadow on Oz played Thomas Cramner, Archbishop of Canterbury. Anyway, Thomas More was a humanist scholar, head advisor to Henry the VIII during the time he was divorcing Catherine of Aragon and hooking up with Anne Boleyn, wanting to make her the new Queen. Thomas More didn't stand behind it, because of the whole reason of forming the new Church of England. He was still loyal to the Church and was friends with Catherine of Aragon. Instead of protesting it, he just kept quiet. Not answering to any of the allegations brought against him, he was forced to resign and burned at the stake for high treason. He knew it was wrong, and instead of joining up with the rest of the advisors and blindly supporting the King, he was punished for what he felt was right.
It really made me think how many times I've blindly followed when I leaned the other way.

Anyway, I have these next three days off. I'm trying to make the best of things by applying ton of burn cream on my bandaged hands and making Autumn mixtapes. I was supposed to go to Rockaway Beach today, but I had laundry to do.

Anybody want to go to this with me?

No comments: