Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's a nuclear show and the stars are gone.

I really like that feeling when you actually know where you're and where you're going in NYC without having to look at a map. You automatically become the navigator of the group, knowing cross streets and addresses and good bars and horrible restaurants. You become a regular Phlegyas of the greater metro area.

I finally finished all of Arrested Development. Three seasons in one week. Not since Oz have I watched a DVDTV series so adamantly. I for one though, am against a movie. I don't think it would work. I like how it ended (and so does Michael Cera) so I think it would ruin the whole ambiance. They pretty much wrapped up everything in the end, so what would the movie even be about?

Spent my two days off basically bouncing back and forth. Friday night we went out to
Mr. Biggs all the way in Midtown and then shot down to the LES for Darkroom. Darkroom is pretty chill- cheap drinks in what I think at one point had to be a fallout shelter. Saturday was watching Cindy kill some people at the Knickerbocker courts while trying to edit. It's bad- when I write I can go out every night and stay up and do whatever, but editing I shut myself away. But I rocked the supportive other and clenched my fist when something was going awry.
Gettin' Gussied- Sounds classy right? That has to be the title of blog or an adult movie or a magazine about night life. First off, big downs to Spitzer's Corner for always being crowded and having beers that are like straight from Spuyten Duyvil but without the atmosphere. I think I saw a line of iphones in dangerous lieu of getting beer spilled across them. Anyway, we headed off to Boss Tweed's which is right next to the Delancy-Essex stop and near a McDonald's. What an absolute awesome piece of real estate for a bar. They must make a ton of scrilla.
The big events that all lead up to this was going to Cindy's sister's birthday. She rented out Planet Thailand 212 for the night. I walked around in a daze for a bit because I think I spent my last birthday in a tent or something (reality: in an apartment with blueberry cheesecake) but it was probably the best use of recycled materials put all up in the Srivijaya pagoda style. Green glass bottles and wine glasses all cemented and glue in the right places to make a person feel all in the right mind to eat some Larb Kai and Vegetable rolls without having to think that's 24th street right out there.

This week: Ikea for a desk, what happens when I think about baking my own bread, trying to tell you about how nice it is to run in Prospect Park (mildly) and a guy named Scott who makes all sorts of jellies and jams.

No comments: