Sunday, May 11, 2008

Apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur.

Sunday's have been regulation days for me to get coffee at Amy's Bread and spend an hour reading The Village Voice.

Erin and I spent a rapid fire week were where we only spent a total of ten hours home. After work I spent the afternoon in line to see Ironman with Jacob and Rob. That took a while since it was sold out every time we tried to go. It was awesome. I'm glad Marvel has a real dick of a character and that they're not P.C. about dumbing down Tony Stark at all.

I've been traveling back and forth to Bed-Stuy (Amy's old neighborhood!) to feed Rob and Diana's cats. This has given me a chance to play Grand Theft Auto IV and mess around on their Wii. Actually, I just watched cable tv for about thirty minutes. Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom was on. I couldn't help myself.
Bed-Stuy, their area at least, is really quaint and postcard-ish. It's a nice trip (30 minutes, tops) so it's not bad. Get to see a lot of far off Brooklyn.
Yesterday we partcipated in the NAMI Walk to raise awareness on mental illness in NYC. It was a short jaunt from South Street Seaport halfway up the Brooklyn Bridge and back. A good stroll for a Saturday morning. We then trucked it out to Astoria to the Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden, but we were all to tired to get tanked.

Today is laundry day and going to watch West 47th Street, a documentary about where I work. Fountain House is a radical offshoot of typical nental health services in the U.S. It was and still is a very controversial place. I suggest everyone check it out.

Oh yeah, go here if you're in Bushwick.

2 comments:

Thomas Churchwell said...

Pictures of yesterdays NAMI WALKS

http://www.thomaschurchwell.net/

Oh, he got religion... said...

Thanks for the brief mention on your post.
www.urbanjunglevintage.com