Sunday, February 24, 2008

A sable coat, maybe a hat, how I wish I could be like that

The show was spectacular.
fucking spectacular at that.

It was held at 123 W. 43rd, NYC Town Hall. Theater seating, large crowds, dummy pipes. The opening act was a group of men who recreated a sci-fi short story, a throwback to old radio shows. It was great, a seemingly haunting and staccato-ed accordion to build suspense, a man with plungers and a narrator who was spot on.
Lights fall, and the The Magnetic Fields.
I can't remember the set list as it goes, but they played a lot off Distortion and 69 Love Songs.
It was terrifyingly emotional for me. I can honestly say I was moved, and that doesn't happen often (except for when Erin told me she bought the tickets while standing in front of a Polish liquor store, I was quite struck with her).

Now tonight, the agenda goes as this:
1. Write Battery Recharger review for their MySpace.
2. Continue to work on the mass of short stories accumulated on my desktop (once their finished I move them to My Documents) so it's fucking cluttered right now.
3. Check job posts.

I feel phenomenal right now.

No comments: