Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Valhalla is where Vikings go when they die.

...and Bushwick is where you go when you want good Puerto Rican food.

Day two on Troutman street. The neighborhood is jagged, streets cutting into each other with a plethora of hipsters, Hasids and Puerto Rican families. There are PR flags everywhere, and the infamous "NYRICAN" t-shirts are 10 for $3 down the street at Willy's.
The neighborhood is recently and often described as East Williamsburg, but that's because of places like, Goodbye Blue Monday, Brooklyn Natural Foods, Life Cafe 983 and The Archive Coffee and Independent Video Store. I've only popped into a couple of them.
In other news: I realized how close I work to the Empire State building and have never even bothered to look at it. It's big, and I thought it was bigger... Amy and I talked about how New York looks amazing and grandeur when you don't live here.
Rilo Kiley's Under The Blacklight is a good album.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I see you have reconnected to the world wide web. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

buy me a medium NYRICAN shirt.