Monday, September 17, 2007

'Tis as human a little story as paper could well carry.

I always knew about catching your second wind whenever you're tired and you're out of energy, but I think I catch my fourth or fifth wind nearly everyday.
I noticed about after a week living here that standing on the 9th-Smith Street platform that every time I breathed in it felt like sharp, heavy air. And I panicked- this was the air that I breathe all the time. It was a split second of panic, and then I thought about the air here- how people have to get adjusted to it. I don't think I've ever lived anywhere you had to get adjusted to breathing the air. A coworker, Heather- mentioned the fact that although we do live here with the garbage and the dirty air, people in NYC live for a very long time.
I have a lot of photos to upload, but the camera and the Windows Vista don't get along so well.
I just got an e-mail titled "We found your baby in the dumpster."

No comments: