Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just changing the attitude towards AIDS from being "Eww AIDSy" to more like "Oh! Fun monkey disease!

I have a week and a few days left in Big Spring.
I'll be spending the last bit of my time before NYC in Denton, hopefully trying to think how much I've had to drink and swatting at Jacob.

I do miss Denton. A lot actually. I didn't think I'd miss it near as much, but it was my home for the last seven years. I know it better than I do this place. Living here is an everyday reminder of why I left. It's where I grew up, but at the same time, it's not. I didn't really come to know anything until I struck out to DFW, and that's where I feel that I actually became a 100% person.
Best times are had walking home drunk from Lou's to the apartment on Central or the house on Sycamore and knowing that everything feels alright, like, everything is in place for a split second.
I guess things are finally hitting me.
This has probably been the most eventful summer for me. The summer of changes. For the better? For the worse? It's those things that I constantly think about. I think some things had to happen for lives to be kept living. A solution to a problem. I've never been pissed about it, or wanted to write things off, but melancholy, I know thy feeling. I can't bring myself to be angry with the situation, although people tell me I will be. I'm not. I wasn't.
I know everyone's met a person that strikes a chord within you that you can't write things off, no matter what the situation. That's how I feel. I can't stop thinking of how affected I was by the whole relationship. It was a great thing.
I know that the next year, the entire first year of NYC, will probably be the hardest year of my life. I've never done anything as demanding of character as this. It's like Mad Max and the Thunderdome, although this Thunderdome has public transportation and museums.
I never write to many personal things on here, huh?

No comments: