Monday, October 02, 2006

Russia, are you not speeding along like a fiery and matchless troika?

Hey.

I'm trying to read Julio Cortazar/listen to Suicidal Tendencies/drink Optimator. The combination is confusing yet stimulating.
New York is on the horizon again. Jane and I are going to go the last weekend of October becuase....well, just becuase we want to. I can't wait. New York is still surreal to me even know it'll be my third visit. It's an overwhelming feeling to be there, to be around all the life that's happening. It always makes me think of a city that's constantly moving- not just the people but the bricks and the ironworks and the bridge. Like these inanimate objects are also living and breathing there, moving along with everything else.

Denton is still Denton and will forever always be Denton. Whatever image you have of Denton in your mind right now is the same exact image of Denton as it probably is right now. I do love it here, but it's getting a bit tedious. We saw a big "gang" fight in front of our house last night. Strange. I saw someone get hit with a baseball bat HARD.

I was talking with Jane the other night after we had left the Old Monk in Dallas. We were there for her friends birthday. I was thinking about my line of work, the mental health racket, and wondering how much of "me" is involved with it. I would never opt for another job, If I had to do it all over again I would, but at the same time I wonder if people are only interested in that fact. The fact that, yeah, I've had to deal with stuff that's way out of the norm. People love looking at car crashes, and watching scary movies. It's an entire different thing to live it. I have to equate those two instances with my life while working at a mental institution. It was a long series of events that I don't feel comfortable about. I've recently started writing down a lot of things that went on, trying to sort them out in my mind. I don't regret the things I've done but sometimes I have huge questions about them.

No comments: