Monday, July 03, 2006

My dog didn't bark but sniffed their crotches; maybe they had been somewhere interesting.

Work is the grand cure of all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind- Sometimes I sit and wonder what a "normal" job is. I think I had one, once upon a time ago. I've been working in and around the MHMR field for going on seven years soon. Explaining it to people I see their reactions as a mix of horror and fear, or the ladle out the praise: You're such a good person. I could never do what you do. Yes. Yes you can. You just have to really have to drop preconceived norms and go with it.

It was a dark and stormy night, and all you could make out was a lighthouse along side the road- The joke that has been forbidden has risen again. I had a request for the lighthouse joke twice today. Once by a customer who had only overheard the middle part.Actually, I'm getting sick of it. But I have a new joke now. A better, more powerful one.

Um, so, are you like in a band?- Someone asked me that today while eyeing my tattoos. I should have told them I was something more ordinary, like a Snakecharmer. Because that's what's right underneath "being a member of a band" on the job scale. Yes, I'm in a band. And yes, we play these two shows this month:
July 15th @ RGRS in Denton:

Las Munequitas de Muerte
1) Man Factory
2) The Pebble that Saved the World
3) Blackheart Society
4) Art Howe

July 31@ J&J's Pizza in Denton:
The Pebble That Saved The World
Sarah Reddington
Fire Don't Care
No City

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»