Sunday, April 19, 2009

Abstract expressionism is so mid-to-late eighties.

I haven't updated since my birthday- age 28 is a busy time in one's life.

- L Magazine Reading- I attended the first in a series of L Magazine readings Thursday at The Slipper Room. It's been a long time since I've gone to any readings or any part of any reading series so it was good. Really helps getting into the swing of things. I'm not going to be critcal of the stories themselves- sorry. I'm not in that mindframe right now (that equals not enough coffee).

- The dreaded GRE- This is what you take when you're unhappy with your job and you need to get out. It sort of feels like a get rich quick scheme, like this is the test to prove that your ready to actually have a life and not just stew in the post-undergraduate world until you climb the corporate ladder. I'm applying to a few schools outside of NYC, on in NYC, and hopefully get into Toulouse, which is back in Denton. So, Anomaly, equivocal, erudite, lucid, opaque, precipitate, prodigal, enigma, fervid, placate,zeal, and assuage. These are only 12 of the words I need to incorporate into my vocabulary.

No comments: