Sunday, July 20, 2008

When she appears blithely unaware of the Dostoyevskian pall of death hanging over New York City, he compliments her on her legs.

It's a good thing I tan and not burn. I have that farmers tan thing because I'm the guy who wears the polo shirt to the beach.
Yesterday we trucked it out to Coney Island for the Siren Music Festival. We trucked it out of the city around 1:30, not really caring to see the first half of the acts. I know it sounds, bad, but I just couldn't hear Parts and Labor or Dragons of Zynth anymore. We stopped by my apartment and thought it'd be nice to actually walk through my neighborhood to the next stop over. The houses there are real nice, set back from the street with huge front yards and wrap around porches. It didn't feel very much like the Brooklyn I was living in. It was very...quiet.
Anyway, we spent some time at the beach. It was the first time I'd ever been to Coney Island, so it was surreal for me. Tons of people. Very very crowded. But now that I live so close I can head down any time I want.
We caught Beach House, Broken Social Scene, Islands(which was awesome when they played Jellybones and I Was Born a Unicorn)and parts of Stephen Malkmus.
I have to spend the rest of today drinking a lot of water and heading to band practice uptown around 4:30. After that I have to finish my Twilight Zone Marathon.

There's still a list of things I need for the new apartment.

No comments: